A variety of transportation options:
- Decreases traffic congestion
- Shrinks our carbon footprint
- Promotes healthy lifestyles
- Serves the community
- Saves money spent on vehicle maintenance
Baton Rouge Transit is underfunded.
Functional public transit is vital to our community. It contributes to economic development, serves our citizens, and helps alleviate growing traffic problems. However, compared to its peer cities, Baton Rouge is the only metro area that does not have a dedicated revenue source for its transit system.
Lack of transit funding has resulted in:
- Wait times in excess of 1 hour
- Overall travel times in excess of 2 hours
- Poor amenities, including bus shelters and sidewalks
Baton Rouge deserves a quality transit system.
Guided by the recently adopted FUTUREBR Comprehensive Plan and the recommendations of the Blue Ribbon Commission, the Baton Rouge Transit Coalition is committed to enacting solutions for Baton Rouge’s transit system.